Families and Children & Toddlers
Having children ourselves – we know the value of being able to relax on holiday. Our aim, therefore, is to provide a fun holiday packed with lots of happy memories for your children to take away, whilst also giving parents the time, space and peace of mind to really enjoy their holiday. Our grounds and cottages have been designed with this in mind – they are well equipped to provide you with all you need for the perfect holiday.
Your children and toddlers will love joining us to help get the guinea pigs out of their cages, plus help to bottle feed the lambs (seasonal) and hand feed the pigmy goats and chickens. After feeding the animals we collect the eggs from the chickens and the children can carry them home for breakfast. We also offer a free ride on Noah the pony for the toddlers or a ride on Mr Darcie for older children up to 10 stone. Or for all ages (children and adults !) there is a ride around the farm in the barrel train, pulled by our own little red tractor (see video below).
In addition, Polean Farm is a working livery yard and children and parents often enjoy visiting the horses and ponies each day.
We also provide:
- Safe courtyard area with ride on toy tractors.
- Outdoor playground with climbing frame, trampoline, swings and slides. Seating areas for parents to relax whilst watching the children play.
- Little Tikes ‘bucket’ swing, climbing frame, slide and ‘see-saw’ for toddlers.
- Indoor activities for infants including little tikes toys and a wooden train set
- Pool table and table football for older children and adults
- Indoor games room with a soft playmat area, childrens toys and a pool table and table football
- Large field at the front of the farm – with goal posts and plenty of space for kite flying etc.
- Animal feeding of the chickens, goats, guinea pigs, lambs, rabbits and pigs (One feed per stay due to current restrictions – animals may vary depending upon the time of year).
- A pony ride for children and toddlers and a Tractor ride (for all ages) around the farm – all year round.
- Free use of an indoor heated swimming pool just two miles away (you will need to book a time slot – click here for details).
- High Chairs ,stair safety gates and cots in every cottage.
- An area at each cottage where disposable or portable BBQs can be used
We are proud to be working with ParentFriendlyStays. Click here for more details